Sunday 28 August 2011

Hopes and fears...

Over the past few years I have lost count at the amount of times I have created a blog account only to never use it - to never post! I'm sure many of us have done exactly the same thing as the idea of 'blogging' seems to appeal to many as a little chunk of online space for us to talk about our thoughts, feelings, fears, general emotions and day-to-day happenings/events. However, blogging requires time and a degree of dedication/motivation to put these accounts to paper which is probably why many people (like me) are unable to keep it up once started. My sister has been through a fascinating period in her life where she has been lucky enough to travel to various wonderful places in the world - most notably, China - where she taught English to Chinese students. Throughout her time there I was most impressed with how she successfully managed to write an almost DAILY blog of her travels which enabled us at home to effectively 'follow' her progress as the months passed by.

In a way, I aspire to use this blog as a record of my progress as I undertake the toughest challenge of my life (and studies) yet; completing my 'ATPL' (Air Transport Pilots License) studies in London. ATPL studies are the highest level of theoretical qualification within the aviation industry so I am most certainly not going to underestimate the grueling months ahead. With this in mind, I would therefore like to also use this blog as a way to present my current thoughts, feelings, fears, general-emotions and day-to-day happenings/events - as mentioned earlier in this post. I suspect there will be days where I will write very little due to an overwhelming workload and/or sense of tiredness...but there will also be days where I will try to update you all in more detail...


...If you can stay awake that is ;)


I'm very excited for the future. I have never felt so certain in my life with regard to knowing what I want to DO WITH IT as I do now. I feel very blessed for having the gift of flight in my possession as it is the most wonderful feeling. To be able to see the world on a daily basis from such a beautiful perspective is a dream that I shall work my socks off to achieve because the one thing I fear more than anything now is failure to succeed.


"Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe" - Gail Devers



Oh, please note I'm a Retail Management graduate, not an English Literature graduate so I'm sure my way of writing probably leaves a lot to be desired sometimes! Please bear with me and just roll with it :). If you ever have anything to add, feel free. I appreciate feedback always. After all, without such feedback, we learn very little and cannot improve ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment